Amarillo Area CASA is currently accepting applications for the full time (40 hrs/wk.) position of Development/Finance Director.
Amarillo Area CASA recruits, trains, and supports a diverse community of volunteers who advocate for the best interests of abused and neglected children in the foster care system. These volunteers serve as advocates for children that are victims of abuse and neglect and provide these children a voice while their case is in the court system.
CASA’s vision is to provide: A CASA volunteer for every child, who strives to secure a safe, nurturing, permanent environment for every child.
TITLE: Fund Development /Finance Director
DATE: April 2021
CLASSIFICATION & STATUS: Non-Exempt – Full Time
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: The Development & Events/Finance Director reports to the Executive Director (ED) and assists with planning, organizing, and directing efforts to increase funding levels in support of Amarillo Area CASA’ mission. This position requires attention to detail, and the ability to work with accuracy and focus. The Development & Events/Finance Director will also work closely with the Recruitment Director, the Fund Development Committee, CASA Board members and Light of Hope.
The Development & Events/Finance Director has primary responsibility for:
1. Working with the ED in designing and implementing a strategic and comprehensive fundraising program to secure financial support from a variety of sources in order to meet Amarillo Area CASA’ mission and achieve its vision.
2. Identifying funding sources
3. Stewarding major donors and corporate sponsorships.
4. Collaborating with the E.D. and Recruitment Director to share responsibility for achieving the annual development target by responding to donor requests, donor solicitation, stewardship of individual and corporate donors, and execution of events.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
1. Strategy & Leadership:
a. Analyze CASA's fundraising efforts and make recommendations for changes to increase effectiveness. Research and stay current on best practices in the development field.
b. Support the E.D. in providing guidance and assistance to the Board of Directors and Light of Hope so that fundraising efforts are successful.
c. Develop a fundraising plan to include all aspects of philanthropic revenues for CASA (i.e., online, peer-to-peer, grants); collaborate with necessary parties to ensure cohesive fundraising for CASA.
d. Ensure that CASA's fundraising efforts meet the highest possible standards of ethics and donor privacy.
2. Donor Management:
a. Effectively cultivate and steward a portfolio of mid-level and major donors, moving those relationships forward, as appropriate, toward gifts for CASA's mission.
b. Implement and oversee a focused corporate giving program.
c. Ensure appropriate strategies are developed and carried out to consistently increase CASA’s philanthropic revenue from individual, organizational, and corporate donors, including through multi-year pledges and special events.
d. Identify potential donors through research, contact with existing donors and other internal and external resources. Maintain and update the donor database system to track all donor activity.
e. Solicit new and steward existing donors and prospects through relationship building, meetings and presentations.
3. Events Management:
a. Assist with recruitment, planning, and implementation of events with a focus on new individual donors.
b. Manage solicitation and stewardship of sponsorships for all events as part of an overall corporate partnership initiative.
c. Perform post event wrap-up including committee meetings, volunteer and participant evaluations, budget assessments, credit card payments, invoice preparations and financial reconciliations.
d. Prepare, organize, collaborate, and execute all events with help from the E.D. and the Recruitment Director.
e. Ensure CASA's special events are carried out in an effective, organized, timely fashion, with attention to donor and participant experience, maximizing revenues, and adherence to approved expense budgets. Provide appropriate support to the Recruitment Director and to the Fund Development committee.
4. Gifts Administration:
a. Manage all campaigns through the use of welcome letters, renewal letters, annual gifts and other appropriate follow-up.
b. Work with Recruitment Director to develop messaging and write monthly donor e-newsletters.
c. Keep social media updated with all events.
d. Ensure proper data collection for each event, including income/expense information, monetary/in-kind donor records, ticket sales, and committee/volunteer contacts.
e. Ensure donor acknowledgements are provided, ensure timely and accurate data entry, and support the team through data reporting and analysis.
f. Annually prepare and send all end of year donation acknowledgements for tax purposes.
5. Grants Research:
a. Research and evaluate prospective grant opportunities.
b. Gather and prepare any information for grant applications, proposals, contracts, program outcome updates, and reports on an ongoing basis as requested.
c. Maintain accurate records of grant-related information in the donor database, grants calendar, and grant files when requested.
d. Develop compelling case statements and client success stories to use in grant requests and create, edit and maintain narratives when requested.
6. Community Awareness & Partnerships:
a. Represent Amarillo Area CASA positively in a variety of settings. As needed or requested, serve as Amarillo Area CASA liaison to appropriate community stakeholders or groups.
b. Set and attend meetings with major donors and major donor prospects with the ED.
c. Consistent professional representation within our community to maintain CASA’s identity and mission.
d. Develop and maintain ongoing collaborative relationships with community partners.
10% of time dedicated to Amarillo Area CASA’s Finance Management/Human Resources
1. Makes deposits in a timely manner.
2. Enters all financial information in Quick Books Pro.
3. Invoices for P.O.’s or receipts for reimbursement, prepares checks for expenses.
4. Prepares and submits grant RFR’s (Request for reimbursements)
5. Prepares and submits reports for designated grants.
6. Works directly with E.D. and board on yearly budget.
7. Provides all financial information to an outside accountant/auditor yearly.
8. Maintains grant related and program documents in accordance with the regulations of each
9. Submits payroll in Quick Books Pro.
1. Maintains personnel files (application, education, training, medical, IRA, Worker’s Comp, Background
2. Records employee paid time off and holidays.
1. Demonstrated experience in fundraising or sales environment, including proven experience soliciting and stewarding individuals and corporations is required.
2. Proven ability to manage multiple projects while balancing competing priorities and ability to meet deadlines is required.
3. At least two years’ experience working with prospecting, soliciting, and stewarding major donors in a human services organization is preferred.
4. Demonstrated excellence in communication, both written and oral.
5. The ability to work under time constraints, be goal-oriented and maintain productive and effective performance and interaction with staff, volunteers, and community supporters.
6. Strong interpersonal skills.
7. Strong attention to detail/organizational skills.
8. Able to work collaboratively in a team environment.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Amarillo Area CASA offers paid time off, paid holidays including an extended Christmas break, flexible work schedule, and health insurance coverage at no cost to the employee (an average of $6,000 per year). Office hours are Monday through Friday 8 am. to Friday 5 pm. with summer hours 7 am. to 5 pm. Monday through Thursday and Fridays from 8: am. to 12p. Starting salary will be based on experience.
Interested applicants should email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please. Amarillo Area CASA is an equal opportunity employer. For more information about Amarillo Area CASA, please visit www.pleasebeacasa.org.